Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default You know, you have been following

your instincts after all? Finding the right docs who seem to have philosophies that are complimentary to each other is just the way to go!

Sounds like you are on a cautious yet appropriate track...Of course, you, like most of us, wanted ANSWERS, well, not just yesterday...but last YEAR?!!!
We learn it just doesn't happen that way.

However, just by way of encouragement? When I chose my oncologist...I happened to get not a stellar but very solidly trained, interned, and fellowed one who was dual Oconologist AND hematoligist...somehow seemed appropriate for the autoimmune issues and conflicts that cancers and neuro issues have. It was she who was quick on the action plan to get me to an endocrinologist. Ultimately to find Hashi's when I'd had a long standing hypo-thyroid before...Well, things are swimming around in my blood tests now mostly far better than before...and, at least? I don't have to add a Rheumatologist to my very long list of docs? WHEW!

Those nerves are very finicky things, we learn after the fact!? That the spine, the endocrine systems, the autonomic systems and immune systems[which are tied and dependent on all the prior systems], well it all humbles me at times that really good docs try to help us! I hate the lazy docs who don't even try to see the connections.

Liza Jane, yes, you missed some stuff on your last blood tests, well, who doesn't? The docs? US? the Labs? We are in pain and either 'whelmed' or overwhelmed' by this all. Can look the reports over until blue in the face and cross-eyed but still can't see either the forest or the trees. Just keep it up, one day it just jumps out at you [a part at least] and some other puzzle pieces fall into place.

At least, things are heading in one POSITIVE direction. That's a better option than lots of others! 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote