View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 04:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi IHH nice to "see" you again.

Between all the meds for the rsd and the epilepsy, as well as having aids, I know a lot about nausea, lol. (six times last night, a record for me)

I take Marinol to both help the nausea as well as spur on the appetite I no longer have. It's my fav, as it is synthetic THC.

I also have used Zofran, which is awesome. But my insurance won't pay for it anymore.

I also use Phenergen suppositories... I know it sounds icky, but when you can't keep down the pills, they don't work very well!

There are also some natural remedies that can at least soothe the symptoms, if not cure it. I use Chamomile, Constant Comment, and Lipton's Bavarian Wild Berry tea... but it has caffeine in it, so be careful.

There are also oil of pepper mint, black licorice (yes, seriously! Try a handful of Good & Plenty!) and beer... but of course, you aren't of age, are you? You'd have to ask your Mom. But about 4 oz. of beer (1/3 of a can) will settle down your tummy. MORE would make it worse, don't try it!

I hope you find something that helps, IHH.. it can be very draining (pun intended!) not only physically but emotionally, too. Sometimes I sit in front of the toilet, resting my hot head against the cool lid, afterwards. It helps keep me from getting headaches afterwards, as well as gives me a moment to recover my composure.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote