Thread: The Proposal
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 10:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can only imagine how difficult ALL this has been, esp. your decision to cease the Caregiving. that doesn't mean you don't CARE (obviously you do and have told him you Love him.)
Somethings can't be changed, no matter how much we may want ... the circumstances (his living situation, his medical conditons, & your own problems, etc)
Sometimes we "enable" things that may not be best, tho we think are at the time but learn-thru trials, there are better options,ways, choices. perhaps now a better situation will materialize, like Nursing/care home or some type of Hospice care. that hopefully, will be better for all ...

You have to take care of You first; too many carers don't & suffer the consequences--depression, failed health & other problems....
You knew you had to stop & did before it was too late....
you did all you could & more.... I understand not being able to verbally tell him, so chose an alternate way to communicate. He may be hurt but ultimately I pray he understands, that all you've done is for the Best.

I applaud & support your decsion --it was not selfish, but in the BEST interest of all. It's difficult to know when we need to stop, or change where & how our energy goes. our hearts tell us one thing, while our body & mind are telling us otherwise.

My heart goes out to you & Doug... praying for the Best for ALL...

ps.... RE: topic Proposal.... I agree you made the Best decsion, NOT to say yes.
I wish I would've had your sense & advice when I entered into this "legal" contract..
It's a long story .... at the center was finding ways to allow my terminally ill father remain at home, as well as "help" for my self & med conditions. After numerous problems w/ Caregivers-agency & private hire, tried another way to get Live-in help , which was marriage.
As expressed, it's long complex story-- there were legal issues (besides wanting, needing & believing I could get help best this way ....
don't know if I'm making sense.... other things have occured recently to add to my dilema (exacerbation of my medical problems, another TBI & more... I'm really fatigued, confused, depressed & more...now....

still may have to make that decision to put my dad into nursing/care home, since I'm not able to do all that's needed to keep him at home, and my "partner" just isn't getting ALL that's required unless I'm right there, prompting or doing it.... very tiring & frustrating.... I may end up in care home myself....
I'm now seeking Annulment'; prefer to divorce but seems divorce may be easier route....
too much going on to express... sorry to sidtrack into my stuff...

I wish you the best, that you get what you need & deserve esp. after having given so much, that there will be someone "special" there for U. ...take care....
Blessings...

Last edited by pono; 09-15-2007 at 10:57 AM. Reason: add
pono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote