View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default I really need your help here, re: watching videos online

Hi All:

If anyone can explain what has been happening to me, I'd dearly love to hear it.

I enjoy going to tvlinks.com to watch old tv series.

They have Seaquest on this site.

Many episodes.

All I do is click on the link, and the video window pops up, and I get to watch the whole episode. With no problems.

However, there are one or two links, and I will include this in this posting, well, when I click on the link, the video window pops up and instead of saying "loading". it has a little thing in the middle of the video window that says "buffering". It will do it's buffer thing for 10 seconds or so, then the video will pop up and start playing. Only it only plays for 30 seconds or so, then it starts doing the buffering thing again.

Here's the link to the video of Seaquest:

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/video/1/3491/5304/33151/50365

I do not understand this at all.

I can to go watch other stuff with no "buffering thing happening".

I have a dsl connection. Upgrated to the 1 mg thing on Verizon DSL, up from the 768 thing. I tested my speed online and everything is just fine.

I can upload photos to photobucket and it uploads in a second. So the dsl thing is working.

I know this could be a broadband thing going on but I have no idea why when I want to watch an episode of Seaquest, the "buffering" thing happens every 30 seconds. This is very annoying.

Here's the link to the video I was trying to watch. Someone try and watch this and tell me if you can watch enough of it to know that there is no "buffering" problem at your end. I just want to figure out if it's my bandwith or if the problem is at the site's end.

Thanks, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote