View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Billye:

Never thought about the Velcro straps.

And Alan checks the bottom of his foot two times a day. I told him "you have to be careful, you might be protecting the area where the ulcer is but you don't know what the Velcro straps are doing to the bottom of your feet".

He said: "But I'm wearing socks".

I thought about it and said "well, if he's wearing socks OVER these things, then how can it rub, right?"

So time will tell. And so far, time is on his side. lol

Right now, he's sound asleep.

Before he went to sleep for the day (he worked last night from 12 to 8 a.m.) he took his sleeping pill, and I would ordinarily massage him.

Well, a few weeks ago he came home with this Theraspa thing from Brookstone. It does 3 things. On the back of this Theraspa thing there are three words. They are SOOTHING, THERAPUTIC, STIMULATING. I gather than these three things are different kinds of massage.

I was holding it in my hand and I turned the power on (this is in regular mode). And I glided it over his calves and his ankle. He was in heaven. He said: "Oh, I feel the blood going into the nerves of my feet" I said "really?" then I said "what else does this thing do?" and he said "Well, press the word Program and give it a whirl". Well, I pressed the word Program, then the light went all the way to the left (on the handle) and when the light went to the middle word THERAPUTIC.

Well, the darn thing started to THUMP his legs. I have no idea how else to describe the feeling. It was like it was pounding his legs. He absolutely loved it. I've never used this on myself. I really can't hold it in my hands for long because my hands do NOT like anything that vibrates. I've had carpal tunnel for years. It doesn't bother me if I don't bother it.

But I don't use vacuum cleaners or anything that vibrates. That's why I can't use any kind of vibrator on Alan's back.

I can't wait to see what STIMULATE does!!!!! lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote