View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 11:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Roz,

They are certainly interesting photos with many features that look like the atrophied skin of RSD.
Because we all have such different signs and symptoms it would be too hard to just give an accurate diagnosis based on photo. Parts of my RSD looks like this at times but for me it is not so patchy but more generalised and somewhat transient in a couple of areas.
There is clear damage to the dermis in these photos and many RSD patients would not get to the point where that exists. For me also, oedema is more of a feature than in these photos .
If your RSD looks exactly like these Roz and you feel you could be part of the demographic who may be susceptible to this infection then I would defnitely ask for a tissue culture to be done to eliminate the fact that all your symptoms are in fact caused by this bug.
I have just read an article on it and I do agree there are some very similar features.
Perhaps when a doctor is investigating the possibility of RSD/CRPS in people that ACA should definitely be ruled out.
Very interesting stuff Roz----thanks for that
Cheers and luck
Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote