Thread: Surgery
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 05:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good luck with your surgery. Sorry about the fear component though... I don't like the hospital, either.

Quote:
The problem is that I am terrified of hospitals, anesthesia, IV's and most everything else. It's stupid, but it won't go away. I have talked it over with my dr, and then with my husband. There are 3 things that must happen: 1, husband is there when I am put under and when I awaken; 2. no IVs or tubes after recovery; 3. will go home that night. I don't care if I am having a heart attack, I will go home that day. I told my husband that I will call a cab and crawl out if necessary.
I hope they are able to accomodate you! Fear can be so intense sometimes...

I tell you, though, you really wouldn't do well with my disorder! I was inpatient for just 4 days last week, but blew through 6 IVs over the course of my stay. At one point I had 4 in place... 2 being used and 2 that were the wrong caliber but we were saving them anyhow in case we needed them. I had so many tubes, wires, etc this time that you would have thought I was an ICU patient (but I wasn't). Telemetry (heart monitor) and all of those wires... the various IVs... a Foley catheter... plus I had this really cool heating pad thing that has two tubes coming out of it and is attached to a pump that circulates hot water through the pad, so it is squishy and warm and nice. The heating pad wasn't attached to me, but it was two more tubes to tangle up. Anyway... I think they would have just about had a heart attack themselves if I told them "no tubes or wires" and "let me go home tonight" heh. I am going to try that next time tho
Kira is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote