Thread: Pec Minor?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 09:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Other names for Pec Minor Syndrome

I've been researching this a bit on the web and have found that there are a number of other names for pectoralis minor syndrome (or subcoracoid-pectoralis minor tendon syndrome), such as Hyperabduction Syndrome, and Wright's syndrome. I haven't found out a lot about treatment for it yet but it seems to predate TOS, at least according to this source:

http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldi...ction+syndrome

So my question is, how were surgeons treating it prior to Dr. Sanders arrival on the scene? Was another surgical technique used? I will keep fishing and post what I find here...

A little more: I have been told that because TOS is made up of a constellation of structures (and therefore disorders) that can compress the neurovascular bundle (subclavicle arteries and veins and brachial plexus), any good TOS surgeon would know all about the possibility of impingement at the pec minor location. It seems that isn't always the case, or perhaps some TOS surgeons hope that by performing a scalenectomy and/or a first rib resection, the impingement will be lessened on the neurovascular bundle to the extent that the pec minor issue would become irrelevant. Of course, for that to be the case, the pec minor entrapment could not have been the major point of compression. Does that make sense to anyone? Anyone agree/disagree, or have other input?

Melissa

Last edited by MelissaLH; 09-16-2007 at 09:47 AM. Reason: More to add
MelissaLH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote