View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 09:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Unrouley1,

I have always found it amazing how small a problem in the mouth or teeth can cause such a huge amount of pain
I have been rocking back and forward with severe tooth.face ache only to find that it was all from a small crack in a tooth on the opposite side
I feel really sorry for you, I feel that face pain often seems more overwhelming because of it's locality to the thinking part of us----silly I know but it seems too hard to distance yourself from it.
Now to Trigeminal Neuralgia---I have had this on a few occasions. I had a tumour in my salivery gland removed and this seemed to upset the trigeminal nerve somewhat. It is hideous pain, it spreads from the ear to the top of the head and then down to the bottom of the jaw and the ear to the nose. It seems to come in waves like contractions and to be honest it was a pain that took me to the edge.
This was long before RSD so I was not used to pain (labour pain excepted) I was given pethidine which helped but this pain lasted on and off for a few weeks when one day I realised it had gone!!
I hope that you find it is something as treatable as an ear infection--that seems a good option.
Heaps of luck
Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote