View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 01:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Shirley, I have misunderstood this forum. I thought it was for support but find it is for advice. I have 3 doctors and most likely four very soon. I can get all the advice I need from my doctors. It is the daily hour by hour living with this condition that I am interested. What do you do during flare-ups to help alleviate the pain? Does your pain pop up in other sections of your face then go away? I can read books, pamphlets, and brochures on these questions but nothing beats talking with others that are actually living it. That is what I thought this forum was about. It was my misunderstanding and I’m sorry to have bothered anyone. By the way, I have had this condition since May and only diagnosed in August. I think that is a long time, especially when in pain, to wonder what is wrong with me. My Pulmonologist treated me for sinus problems for 3 weeks before referring me to my primary doctor. It is my understanding, in my area, that neurologist only see patients when treatment plans have been exhausted and then it may take 2- 3 months to book an appointment, thus the reason for not seeing one immediately.

Marilyn, again thank you for a kind and considerate post.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote