View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 02:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Since the time of my original brain injury that has yet to heal (April of 2003), I've had at least 3 notable further head injuries, and hundreds of unwanted mild bumps to the head as well. I can't really comment on your particular situation, as I'm not inside your head, but I can tell you from my experience that each time this has happened to me, things tend to get significantly worse (the constant fear of the unknown, the unknown being how I'm going to recover from this most recent head injury, is the worst) for a few days to a week, then they tend to resolve themselves, leaving me back at the point I was at before the recent injury happened (battered, but not broken).

Usually when I take on another smack to the head, I just wear a bike helmet around the house until I feel like I'm back on my feet. The helmet seems to make me feel a lot more comfortable in my own skin (because hey, at least I've put myself in a position where I won't get ANOTHER head injury), and aside from that it protects me from bonking my head on a cabinet door or a shelf or something (those tiny bumps on the head when you're already feeling concussed have a tendency to send me off the deep end). Hope this helps in some way...
PCS McGee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote