View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 03:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Wow... thanks guys!

Thanks everyone! If anyone else has ideas, please post them here!

Debbie- Dr. Getson now only does consultations, and charges $300.00, not covered by insurance, for the initial visit. He works along with other doctors (gives them suggestions)- I called and talked to the receptionist as well as having them send out lots of paperwork. He doesn't do Ketamine treatments

Sadly, that won't work. I posted more about him in this old post:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...4&postcount=17

I found this fund raiser... holding runs looks hopeful too...
http://www.firstgiving.com/troyraygrimes

My family and I will be holding fund raisers by: selling my clay creations, my sister's sewing, food, baked goods, refreshments, RSD bracelets/ charms/ mugs/ etc, and hopefully some 3K (or so) runs. In time I hope to have a website set up, as well as newspaper articles run.

There are things that are proving to be hard:
I will raise money so that I can go to Arkansas, see Dr. Harbut (he will evaluate me) and then make appointments to see the psychiatrist and get an MMPI done. Before I even know that I am approved for the treatment I must have money for my mom and I to travel to Arkansas as well as doctor visits... (!!)

I am posting the letter from Keith Orsini that I got via email:

Quote:
Just in the past week St Joseph's Hospital changed their policy regarding under-18 patients in regards to the in-patient ketamine treatment, also known as the low-dose or awake technique. Now, as long as you are age 15 or older you can be considered for the program. You have to go through a consultation process, where you fill out medical paperwork from your Doctor and yourself, and then travel to Hot Springs for a consultation with Dr Harbut at the Clinic. While there they will also arrange a psychiatric consultation and an MMPI. Altogether this will help Dr Harbut decide if you are a candidate for the low-dose ketamine treatment. If you are accepted into the program, then he will set up the treatment; usually within a month or two.

You can find out more information on the low-dose treatment, and specifically on Dr Harbut's clinic, by going to;
http://www.rsdhope. org/ShowPage. asp?page_ id=161

You must be patient though as they are inundated with requests and it can take weeks for them to get back to you sometimes.

You can also find some patients experiences there as well. we have a couple more that are going to be put up there in the coming weeks. I just haven't been able to get to them yet.

Peace,

Keith

American RSDHope
National Organization dedicated to raising RSD/CRPS Awareness
www.RSDHope. org

I do have questions on the legal aspects of fund raising, and I am searching the internet for answers. I might come on later and post questions about all that if I don't have answers.

If anyone has held or helped raise a fund raiser, though, what were you able to raise money off of? Have any ideas?

Thank you all SO much!
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote