View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 05:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello there:

Welcome to our board. I hope you are able to gain some useful information here. You will have plenty of support and maybe someone here can figure out what is going on.

I have 2 suggestions.

First, start with the path of least resistance. The food. Since they won't refer you on to a Neurologist, start with the GI issues and tell them you think you have been ill from food you ingested whenever and it seems to be getting worse. This way, if it is the food causing it, you should find out quickly and receive treatment, though you may have to start over with a new doc, if the old one is indifferent to your complaints.

Secondly, I have PN. Some shoes that I wear cause my feet to hurt and burn like fire. Try changing to a different type of shoe, and make it a pair that is not made from the same material. Leather is better in my case, ALTHOUGH the insoles are not leather and this is what seems to cause me a lot of burning. I would guess I am sensitive to some of the plastics. Some people with PN are extremely sensitive to various types of fibers. Some complaints seem to relate to artificial fibers-hard to get away from those in shoes...

Good luck to you and please, keep us posted.
Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote