View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 01:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you everybody!

It feels very nice to bee welcomed like this! This disease is difficult to talk about, especially since it is so unfamiliar to both to the public and to many doctors too. I am lucky to have met some doctors that have believed in me from the start, this discproblem would have been undetected if my orthopedic surgeon wouldnīt have done the complete workup on me (just like you Desi!). Knowing I have RSD I myself thougt that all these new symptoms were "just" the RSD acting up. Looking back that was kind of stupid I guess since even swallowing sent shooting pains down my arm... I guess that isnīt normal?

Wakegirl, did I understand you correctly that your pain got worse from having your arm in the sling? So it is the immobility that triggered the pain more than the shoulderinjury itself? I am curious because most of my RSD-pain is not in the shoulder but from the elbow down to the fingers. This is also why my insurance company donīt want to understand that these symptoms are from my injury. I am so tired of fighting with them...

While on the subject, may I ask you all, is your primary pain located in the same place as your triggering injury, or am I just a freak? I have my own theory about my own case, but just wondering if this is uncommon or not. I hurt my arm in 2005 when I tried to catch a sheep. I grabbed the sheep by the wool, the sheep pulled away at the same time that my feet slipped on the wet grass and I fell on the ground landing on my elbow. My theory is that I got a lot of small tears from the fingers up, but since the shoulder was badly torn I did not notice the arm. Does that sound plausible? I actually get more pain from typing, writing or eating than from carrying or lifting heavy boxes. Iīm odd.

Well, thanks again, I really enjoy being in some small way part of such an awesome, strongwilled and warmhearted group of people like yourselves! to all of you!
Wreta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote