View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 08:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ketamine costs

HI Vanessa, my insurance did help. As the treatment is not available here, they applied out of network rates to my infusions. Not to the coma - it went towards my deductible only and that is still in debate since it was out of the country. We have been through every penny we have , had or would have. Our retirement funds you name it its gone. And Ive been one of the lucky ones with insurance. I have had it all - two 5 day icu ket infusions. , 2.5 years of two day infusions, roughly 2000 per visit, not including air and hotel, the coma in germany 60,000, we borrowed. now mine was more expensive than most as I became very ill and was in icu for 30 days. cost of coma treatment is 25,000, around there. The 60,000 includes hotels etc for my husband , airfare etc. My insurance has been very helpful applying out of network rates to hospitallization for ketamine infusions everywhere but Germany.Im one of the lucky ones when it comes to insurance. Was it worth it all. Absolutely- when I went for the coma I was literally just on the edge of going mad from the level 9-10 pain 24/7. I am not exaggerating. My pain level is down about 50%. I will probably go for booster infusions the rest of my life but im here, Im coping, my life will never be as it was. I wish ketamine worked for everyone . Im lucky it has helped me . Let me know if I answered your questions I kind of got on a roll sorry about that. sincerely cz
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote