View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 08:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Carbohydrates help depression?

i'm not saying they do, but it was suggested to me when i've explained to a couple of professionals my cravings at certain times.

i could put this in a few different forums (depression, weight) but i wanted to put it here because i'm looking for good alternatives to feed in a healthy way what my body seems to be craving.

i've ALWAYS craved carbs...an unnatural craving from my soul almost...so much so that i panic if i don't have soft pretzels or bread in the house. i remember being a little girl and getting 6 slices of bread at one time, balling it into a dough ball and eating it. anyhow, i'm doing it again, and have many, many times in my life.

it's to the point that it's all i want to eat. i was told before that it was odd how my body was telling me i was depressed and how to fix it. carbs are a natural antidepressant...with potentially bad side effects though...namely obesity

anyhow, i was reading and it appears true. it helps in the release of seretonin, but it's short lived and body craves more leading to full fledged addiction. i was shocked to read about it. i'm honestly NO DOUBT a carb addict...because the payoff in my brain and with mood

they suggested some good alternatives...omega3 fish fats and a couple of b vitamins. i need to read more. it answers so much for me.

seriously, the other night i had no pretzels and felt i could cry...confused by that...going to anything in the kitchen that might make up for them...eating several things then. it's a drive coming from i don't know where, that i rarely think about when acting upon...until recently, that is.

any information or relation is greatly appreciated.

KD

From the caterpillar emerged
~Strong in flight, beautiful to the eyes, movement laced with grace~
The butterfly
**KD**
</center>
kimmydawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (08-30-2009), Hockey (08-30-2009)