View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

My face jaw mouth teeth head eye pain hit me in 1999 after a semi truck plowed into me.
I did not find any website or persons or info about t.n. and facial pain for a good LONG LONG couple years I think end of 2001 or in 2002. right around the time I was running out of meds to try and options for anything of help for this ugly ugly "illness".
when I did find websites and other people It was like there is more I am not alone!! Peoples posts told of some of the things I had felt, had thought or meds I had been on and I wished I had found these sites and peoples posts before then because the feeling of all alone was the worse issolation back durring that time. I couldnt even find anyone who had a broken jaw before to learn what to expect durring being wired up or unwired . 2 times in row for me plates the 2ed time round.
even still 7 years I find few hell I havent found anyone who has come down the road the same way I had. I am not on any meds for facial pain( since 2003 ) I cannot have any surgeries (m.v.d., gamma never blocks... ) so pretty much I am useless for helping anyone for support on that side of it unless they are going to have a plates put in to hold jaw together , a neurostim/p.e.n.s. inplanted for pain or they are really really depressed because those things I have gone threw. I was on many many meds but those years are sooo foggy and head injury cant recall all that much other then being a sad zombie veggie shell of a person.
One thing I do believe is that I am the LUCKIEST .I can talk without moving my jaw or mouth at all . smiling is a diffrent story I have learned to do many things like before only you learn to do them diffrent then before. I am lucky I did not have too long of a road to find help 3 years not bad from start to finish. I am lucky I am not on meds . I am luckiest for my neuro stim. and my family I know someday I may not have this luck my leads may slip or gosh countless things!!!!! and that is why I lurk and try to post things that I hope and pray helps even just a tiny bit. because someday I may need it back ..need info or help or understanding or just to know I am not alone.
you probly should go search down and find a support group I know that we have local chapters around the country in mosts states for t.n. . Jean gave you some exellent sites and info I think a support list can be found at the t.n.a. site i think????. also search groups on yahoo. many people have their own web groups for that day by day support thing or they have a couple folks they have met by posting and have traded emails.
I DO SO WISH I COULD HELP MORE! Dont give up I know for sure you can find daily support coping with this!! I will search threw the items I have and see what I can find that may help.
peace peace
BMW

Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tied (11-26-2021)