View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 10:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you so much, mrsD!!! You are such a wealth of information, and your caring to share is so kind.

This just makes so much sense to me.

I was an overweight child (tho not obese), more "husky" and was that way until my second child. Not long after, over medication led to obesity and I lost 87 lbs. I've kept most of it off but claim to listen to my body now to do so. However, in doing so, have I developed a bad cycle when my body was attempting to fight off depression that it had known in the past, boost energy and mood to stave that off, or craving something I'm intolerant of?

I'm listening to my body alright. Too much so. In fact, I don't eat often enough, as much as I should, or what I should so that I can have those carbs I crave and not gain weight. It's now to the point that it's past conscious choice. It's habit and now my body doesn't tolerate well deviating from that schedule I've created for myself.

I'm not getting any younger and feeling the effects of this now.

I can look at myself honestly and see my going in for my "fixes" when needed. It's really wild to see actually. I'm glad I've not gained weight, but what price am I paying to continue?

I find the intolerant statement VERY interesting because this is something that I can date back to almost a toddler, so... Also, my mother is the same, but her's is more with sweets and sugars.

Thank you so much for the alternatives becasue I'm going to work very hard to get this under control. Yes, I've been through alot in the last year and I think anyone would be tired, but I'm pulling out of complete exhaustion.

I really am interested in the narcotic information as well even though I'm told what I take is very mild in comparison. Mild or no, it doesn't mean that it's not a med that might cause unwanted effects, yes? I will say that I don't "feel" depressed. I do wonder if I am due to the exhaustion, but I feel optomistic, even happy or elated lately. So I'm thinking that the carbs are giving me the energy to fight depression due to the long-lasting struggles of late? Also, I fought definite depressions prior to pain management...depressions I've not seen since.

I went into therapy at the same time that I went into pain management (I've not changed meds since - 6 yrs ago) and we discussed all the possible effects and watched for depression, etc. I only improved, and continued to. I seemed to reach a peak and have pretty much stayed there since.

I wonder if the instant gratification for me is the "boost" in mood and energy and that is fighting off what might otherwise become depression without it due to the last year of crisis IRL?

So interesting and I'm thrilled to have your information.

Thank you so much!

KD

From the caterpillar emerged
~Strong in flight, beautiful to the eyes, movement laced with grace~
The butterfly
**KD**
</center>

Last edited by kimmydawn; 09-17-2007 at 10:55 AM. Reason: expand
kimmydawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (08-30-2009)