View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 11:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Cyclical Cushing's is where you have high cortisol readings sometimes, but normal at others. So the tumor cycles in hours or days or weeks. It is extremely hard to diagnose as you will have all the symptoms of Cushing's but endiots will look at the abnormal test and say oooh and then look at the normal test and say oh! the abnormal test must have been lab error as they are blind to your symptoms that are freaking flashing in front of their eyes. So as your life is crumbling away for a decade or more, you cannot get any help as some of your tests are normal. Do I sound bitter? Cortisol should never be high and a normal test should not "wipe" out an abnormal test if you have symptoms or even if you do not as I was thin for many years. Eventually I came within 6lbs of doubling my body weight ("well, you must be a overeater in denial then, let's put you on anti-depressants") and now I am pretty much permanently disabled from the effects of the cortisol and being panhypopituitary as the stupid docs ignored all the signs as my testing was inconsistent. So I was not perfect testing, they just wanted me to go away and get sicker and I sure did almost to the point of dying yet my tests still were only mild at best. Do they ever think that it is the tests that are a bit off? No. I suppressed on the dexamethosone test ergo I must not have Cushing's. That pathology cannot be right.

Cyclical vomiting... cortisol all over the place? I have friends that vary from cortisol too high to too low and go from Cushing's to Addison's so that may account for the vomiting. It has happened. You need a good doc and a lot of testing to catch it. 24 hour urine tests, 8am and midnight serums, saliva tests, 10 hour urines (that is how they figured I cycled at night, never slept and that concurred with my sleep study).

I am not lactose intolerant that I know... I have to drink tons of milk now that I have a PTH problem (joy). If that happens... man... I am hoping they can treat this MG thing as I need my arms back. Now I am starting to fall. This is not fun.