View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 03:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What i have to say to day is important it is also embarrassing to say the lest but i have thought about it and i have decided that i should share this and keep with telling every thing that happens with my recovery story. So bare with me i am going to try and explain this with out taking to long. Last Thursday i started feeling like i was getting the flu i had hot and cold flashes just didn't feel right. This has been going on till to day when i finely figured it out. My other half always gets sick withen two days of me catching something so when he was still feeling good to day i new there was no way that i had the flu. The thing i realized was that when i took my hydromorphone (dilaudid) the short acting one that within half hour all my symptoms would go away that's when the light went off. So i went on the web and checked withdrawal symptoms and bingo i have been foolishly not been taking the meds as i should have. I knew i had to start cutting back on them which i was i was spacing my pills further apart but then last week i really didn't need them as much because i was only taking such a high dose for the pain relief of the surgery. I just wasn't having the pain to be taking 4mg every 3 hours or even 6 hours a day. I still take 9mg in the morning and 12mg at night this is long lasting hydromorphone and it is enough to help with the tos pain i have. But not thinking i did not realize that i would go through withdrawals but i have been on dilaudid for over a year but i did go off of it like two months ago because it did not make any difference in my pain. I don't remember going through this last time. The doctor put me back on it for the surgery so i didn't think that this would ever happen go figure i have learnt my lesson and i hope that this may help some one else. I am taking my pill again and i well take every 6hours and slowly lower it over the next while and hopefully come off of this **** with out any more trouble. As for the tos pain still no pins and needles thank god but been having a great deal of pain on the left side of the right hand which goes up the side of the pinkie. Well i need to go my hands and arms are getting sore so i need to stop before they get any worse. chat latter
mucker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote