View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katty View Post
When I first began looking into taking Tysabri I spent quite a bit of time on the different forums, and what I found were lots of people who'd been forced to discontinue the drug and were on a faster downward spiral than before they started taking it. That was before it even came back on the market.

I am in the middle of my first month and I like it. I feel nearly normal now. So I'm holding my breath that this thing wont be taken off the market again. Still, given this drugs history, it is all too likely, in which case, I may have to face the increased speed of disease, I am trying to formulate a what if plan.

Any thoughts on the proactive side of this? What in your opinions, would be a reasonable preventive action in the case I am forced to stop taking Ty?

Katty
Hi Katty,

I get my 5th infusion on Wednesday. I'm feeling pretty good, with maybe some very minor improvements.

My plan, if I have to go off Tysabri, is probably to go back on one of the ABCR's. Maybe half dose Rebif? It worked well for keeping the MS in check for me, but set off a bad depression. I would take it with extra anti-depressants if necessary.

I don't see it being recalled again.

Even if people are worsening when getting off of it, don't people worsen when they go off any med? I got worse when I stopped the Copaxone and I was waiting to start a new med, before I started Tysabri.

I personally am not worried about this news at all.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote