View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 07:08 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Joan,

Finally your question: i have one more question for ya! how would one treat iri vs how one treats rsd??

Since I believe RSD is IRI, the simplest answer would be that the most useful treatment for RSD is one that has been shown to be efficadious in IRI; that therapy is hyperbaric oxygen.

There are differences between RSD and IRI, however, and the most significant of these are the fact that IRI is quickly diagnosed and treatment begun early, while many, if not most RSD patients suffer for years without effective treatment.

The damage done over these long years will take much more time to repair.

In Buckwheat's thread Vascular Issues, I offer my rationale for a longer, slower and more temperate use of HBO in treating RSD. My post on that topic isn't complete, and I tried to fill in a few details in the post that died last night, something for which I am now grateful. I think it better to write a post specifically on RSD and HBO, so I won't try to recreate last night's post here.

I hope this answers your question.

Allen, your post is incredible. It is a goldmine of opportunities to show why IRI makes more sense than nerve damage as the cause for this disease. I have a bad habit of going into things full-tilt, but I'm smart enough to know that replying to your post is too big to try all at once.

I'll be breaking your post down into individual parts, and discussing them in individual posts. I figure it will take at least two separate posts, but could take as many as four.

I guess everyone should be prepared to see this thread on page 1 for quite a while...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :