View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 12:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default TO us "retired's"

What do you do all day? I think that this is an important question because it may give other "retired's" ideas of how to occupy those often "angry" hours, to help ward off lying down on the couch or "hiding in bed".
My awake hours are all over the place. Sometiems i'm up all day, sometimes's i'm up all night. I have a microscope and collect micro crystals of thousands of different minerals. LIke snowflakes, no two are the same and you get to see some really cool structures and wild colors. I also collect coins and spend hours scraping the oxide coatings off of unrecognizable ancient coins to reveal the old surfaces. I read a lot of science magazines and surf the net for pictures of other parts of the world (it's almost as good as being there) along with any old thing that comes to mind. I cook my own food, I clean up the house, while my wife works and if I can, I do a bit of yard work. That yard work usually gives me too much pain, so I avoid physical work. THere are times when i just have to lie on the bed and "squrm" with dyskinesia. I hate those times, but they always go away and i have a few good hours to do something productive.
So, what do you (who aren't still working ) do to occupy the hours in a day?
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote