Thread: New -son TOS
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 12:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

If your son is an athletic sort, another place for him to go for PT is Westside Spine and Joint. 310-209-2011 x2, see Kevin, not the other guy. It is near UCLA. I know this and Joyce are both a good distance from you, but they would be worthwhile trips, even if just to get started. WS&J is also good for a one time visit to get a set of home exercises.

I must concur with Shelley's recommendation to see Dr Jordan. He is a favorite for many of us, caring and knowledgeable in and out of his own field. If your son has tarsal tunnel, you certainly are familiar with having a neurologist... Can you tell us any more about what type of doctor(s) you have seen, and how he got diagnosed?

If there is a possibility he needs surgery, Dr Ahn would probably be the person to see. His phone number is the same as WS&J, but x3. Probably worth a consult even if you don't think he needs surgery, Dr Ahn is a fair and conservative doctor, and an excellent surgeon.

Also, does your son spend a lot of time on the computer? TOS definitely is aggravated by keyboarding, even if that particular repetative strain was not the original cause.

I am so sorry for you to have to deal with this. Above all please be available to listen to your son. TOS is real and a very painful, debilitating condition. It is hard for others to comprehend because there is nothing to see...but that does not mean it doesn't cause pain and malfunction. Your son is fortunate that he has such a great mom looking out for him.

Lastly, feel fortunate that if he must be stuck with TOS, that here in LA as there are many talented and knowledgable doctors. You will be able to get good and affordable care for him without travelling. Many others are not so lucky.

I am here in LA as well as many others. Please feel free to PM me with any question you may have, or if it would be helpful for you or your son to talk to someone in person. Dr Jordan is my primary doc, I just had my second surgery with Dr Ahn 3 weeks ago, I have also done PT with Joyce and with Westside Spine and Joint and a few others in and around the south bay.

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote