View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 01:25 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Joan,

Most insurance companies will not pay for HBO to treat RSD; worse, any hospital that uses HBO to treat RSD or almost any other disorder will lost all Medicare and Medicaid funding. This means that it will not pay for any MC or MA patient in that hospital.

The reason for this is that the FDA has ruled that ALL diseases must be treated with drugs or surgery. The pharmaceutical industry owns the FDA, and they can't make money off of HBO, so the FDA says that hospitals can only use HBO to treat a very tiny number of diseases. I think it is only 8 or 9.

IRI is on that very short list: RSD is not.

It gets worse. According to the FDA, advertising anything as a preventative, or treatment that is not a drug, is a violation of the law.

If a grocery store were to publish an ad for oranges and say in that ad that oranges can prevent and/or treat scurvy (and, of course, they can), the FDA can come in and confiscate all of the oranges in that store as illegal. They are being sold as medicine, but they are not a drug.

I hope you will look up Buckwheat's thread Vascular Issues; It does answer some of the questions you asked. I'm not going to discuss HBO right now because I really feel it needs to be addressed in a thread of its own...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :