View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 07:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Jacquie,

<hugs>

Sounds like you've been thru the wringer these past few months, between your commute and your health issues. I've gotta say that for myself, I have a pretty good working relationship with my doctors, for my spine or for my other health issues. Now, my cardiologist I trust implicitly. If he were to tell me that I needed to have something done to fix it, I would not hesitate to go with what he advised. He's known my case for years, has an excellent record and is highly recommended.

I don't know what your relationship is like with your onc/heme doc, but if you've had this for some time, and you have had close follow up with this one doc, I see no reason to jump for a second opinion right away. It would be different if this were something new and they were proposing immediate surgery, ya know what I mean? Only you and your doc can decide whether having a splenectomy is the right, but from what I understand, most folks go on to live quite normal lives, barring the need to be be up to date on all vaccinations.

Me, I'd wait and see what's the "big picture" results, after you're finished with your cardiac work up (make sure your ticker hasn't been affected), make sure your kidney's are a'ok, get all the blood results, and then go from there. Good luck Jacquie, and hang in there.

Theresa
Tbackpain1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote