View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 06:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default dentist's numbing shots-bad reactions?

I have a vague recollection that I may have had problems with this before. I went to the dentist yesterday for some major mouthwork, so got about three numbing injections into a side of my mouth. Initially there was some heart racing, but I was then fine. Well, last night, I thought I was going to have a panic attack (my partials start out that way), and my head was racing like it was ready to seize. I slept horribly, because my mind was racing so much, and I was still "humming" this morning when I awoke (so ended up getting up early). I have nocturnal seizures, and I recognized the symptoms of being right on the edge.

Yesterday was "post-period", which is supposed to be a stable time for me; in three weeks, I have to go back to have the dental work completed, which will be "pre-period", the most unstable time for my catamenial epilepsy (no puns intended).

Anyone know what I'm talking about and have recommendations? I have another tooth that probably needs to be capped (very old mercury fillings about ready to die; dh wants the mercury out anyway because he thinks those old fillings are doing me in).

Thanks!
Footprints is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote