View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 12:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ron..

.. from the way you speak, it wuld appear that you were a PWP in the very early stages of prediagnosis, or that you do not have PD at all. However, since you've been around here a long time, i can't believe that you have PD, or if you do it must be the most "mild" case of PD ever to have been diagnosed.
DO you not believe that certain (most) PWP are severely compromised in what they are able to do in a day? Do you not fall, cut open the skin on your knees and bleed a lot, then get up and a day later do it again? Do you not have muscles that when put through a "working out" Seize up like an engine without any oil in the crankcase? Do you beleive that YOUR PD symptoms are the same as everyone elses? Do you think that the rest of us are just weak willed "complainers" who could do wel by just "stiffening the upper lip"? Do you have dyskinesia and dystonia that are so painful and life altering that you feel embarrassed to be seen in public, let alone "downed" from the pain and discomfort that is almost unimaginable to people without PD. Have you ever had depression over these horrible PD symptoms to the point that you want to take a length of rope and hang yourself in your garage? I say, how can you get out and about to all these places that you travel to, when many of us are shut ins against our will, because it is just too difficult to keep on our feet for more than 30 minutes without total fatigue? IT is just the kind of posting that you do which causes people without PD to make a judgement call that PD is not such a bad disease. Can't you put yourself in the position of some of the peole in your support group, or are you a General Patton who kicks the shell shocked soldier out of his bed in the infirmary?
I am only 50 yeras old and have have had a PD dx for 11 years. Before that I climbed mountains, swam miles, ran like the wind, and did extremely heavy labor jobs such as a welder and a sawmill worker to name a few. I was 5'11'' and 220 pounds, without any fat on me. I know what it is to be healthy, able to do almost anything and full of energy. Now , PD has reduced me to a shell of my former self. I just can't do things, even though i DESPERATELY want to. I WANT to cut the lawn, I WANt to work, I want to please everyone in my family, and would, if only for PD.
IT may seem like i'm chewing you a new butthole here, but i just want to know "what kind of PD do you have"; it certainly doesn't sound like the kind that i know about. cs
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote