View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Chomp down all that Calcium stuffs!

My combo is 2 calcium sugar free chocolate chews[Kirkland/costco] w/ 500mg calcium carbonate and 200IU of Vit D plus one Calcium {citrate[160mg], D-[100IU]; and magnesium [90mg]}. Not to mention my pre-natal multi vite...which has little bits more. Had to add that last calcium tab to get the magnesium punch in...
BUT I had gone big time very quickly over thate line to osteoporosis due to the estrogen blockers now I take for the cancer f/u therapies [really it's chemo! DUH?]. As long as I keep chomping down all those supplements I guess things will be OK...won't know till my next Dexa scan early next year. Blood work seems to be looking as if there's lots of goodies to be TAKEN up by my body...Whether it is, the dexa will truly tell me so. The waiting is a killer tho...

I really don't think I could stick myself w/shots tho...I tolerate the IV lines going in by holding my breath and closing my eyes...never was a really good trooper about the needle thing EVER..tho I have tried! [I KNOW catheters aren't really needles, BUT......]

Would I be correct in assuming that the Forteo and the B-12 injections are IM rather than IV? IM I have done on animals and that's a LOT easier...as long as you know the zones to do it in/to...

If it comes to injecting myself? I dunno about having the husband do it...would need to take a LOT of considering on that issue...just hope I don't have to...

Billye - HUGS and I truly hope things are going in some direction that's positive....FINALLY? Please take special care - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote