Thread: EEG Changes
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 08:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default EEG Changes

I figured I may as well share this. All of my previous seizures showed on my EEG as being in my Right Frontal / Right Central Temporal Lobe. Some say "Spikes" some say "Sharp Waves" some say "Epileptiform Discharges" - some say all.

My most recent EEG says: Sharp waves and spikes were noticed at the Right Central and Right Parietal Lead. These activities were occasionally generalized.

And if you're savvy, I'll ask for a translation of this:

Background activity consisting of 8-9 cps of average voltage of 40-50 mV. alpha runs were noted in the occipitals. It responded to eye opening by blocking. The activity was symmetrical and rhythmical.

I don't know if the text above in bold is good or bad.

It also said:

Hyperventilation: Produced mild build up. (I think that's good)

Photic Stimulation: Produced mild driving response. (I'm not sure on that, I normally do bad on those but they word it better. This EEG testing room was fairly well lit, so I think I did ok for the strobe part).

--

I'm normall OK with reading my results, but this one used a different format that I am not very familiar with. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, my main reason in posting this was to ask if it is a concern that the areas are different now, or if that's common. I don't have a real diagnosis, to be honest. But they are sure I have Partial Complex Seizures; they rest is just random guessing. :P
Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote