View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 12:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Don't know where to turn now!

Realistically Dahlek how am I going to get a diagnosis without a Neuro? I have an appointment lined up with another Neuro (with more of a PN interest) for December 10th.

I am planning next month when I see my Endocrinologist to get him to order a GTT, but in the meantime I haven't got a clue what to do. Do I just sit on my GP's doorstep every second day - to what avail? I do need to go back to see the GP this Friday to get the results of the extra B12 results and some other things he did - so maybe I can go through some stuff with him then ... but PN is NOT his specialty and I can't expect him to make a diagnosis of the specific type of PN I have.

Someone (it may have been Rina) posted a link yesterday to:
http://www.hopkinsneuro.org/disease....ory_Neuropathy and so much of that seems to be 'me'. However what I don't know is whether prediabetes is even a remote possibility because my random glucose levels were perfect....if it is not, then all that can be done is appropriate medication to help with some of the burning.

The burning is getting me down, but then I have to ask is it bad enough to expose myself to medication that has side effects and may mess with other medications that I take. From what I've read the medications don't help with the prognosis anyway - ie. doesn't make the underlying condition go away.

At least these past few days some of the extreme fatigue has lifted and the nausea/epigastric discomfort have eased after eight weeks....which has given me somewhat of a brighter outlook ...except for the burning which is relentless.

I truely do not know what my next step should be, since that idiotic Neuro bunked me last week.
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote