View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 11:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default PCS and overdoing it in the beginning.

I got PCS from a hit on the head in April 2005 and still it continues. The hit on the head did not knock me unconscious and I remember everything. Unfortunately, after a few weeks/months I realised that I had developed PCS.

In the first 2 weeks I did take it fairly easy. I avoided TV for 2 weeks (but used the PC here and there). I didn't read or work. I DID however behave as if it were just a minor bump to the head and so not get PURE rest as such. My stress levels SOARED after a few weeks when the syptoms did not disappear. In fact, after several months I got so stressed that I thought I couldn't take it anymore. I became depressed and deeply involved in the problem. I didn't take it easy at that point!

Does anyone believe that this could be the reason for a lenghty PCS? 2.5 years now...

Does anyone believe that with a positive and healthy attitude TO START with, that PCS can not occur at all, or perhaps go after 2-3 months?

My PCS is better but still there and it's helping to become optimistic and fight depression.

gerbil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote