View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 11:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default PCS all in the mind?

I sometimes wonder if my PCS is all just in my mind and not anything organic.
Despite trying to research this, and having asked many doctors.. nobody seems to really know.

I DO know that my CT-Scan is 100% normal. All neuro checks that I have had are also fine. I look fine, I talk fine etc. I remember everything like I used to. I can read and write. I just get dizzy and have bad balance. And headaches, etc. All that... just all these sensations.

I just can't work out whether my mind is just THINKING that these sensations should be there, or whether some tiny damage is causing them.

If it is all in the mind, then surely I can change it myself through ways of thinking, through optimistic behaviour etc.

If it is organic, then will it ever get better? It's been 2.5 years now... so, is this it? Why is it taking so long? And how can it be organic if I wasn't even knocked out and remember everything after the accident? I was hit hard on the head and dazed, sure.... but can my brain really be damaged if I was still conscious?

And strangely enough, on some days when I'm typing or writing... I miss out words in every sentence. The whole paragraph can be a right mess. This will occur for weeks on end and then, as if by magic, I'm back to normal. And some days I feel 99% PERFECT, just like the old days. So, how can my brain be damaged if I am capable of feeling this way, even if for just one day? If I can do it one day, why not every day?

But then again, why is it that monitors now make me dizzy when I view them? They never used to? Is that organic damage or something in my mind?

Personally, I believe my former depression has a lot to do with it.

Would love to hear your thoughts.
gerbil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote