Old 09-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi Mark

I have wanted to reply here a few times already because, albeit in a different way, your story has touched my heart beyond the feeling of sad to hear of your stroke but glad to see you bounce back so quickly

You telling of your experience at that store reminded me of when my youngest son, now almost 18, was newly dx and suffering with VERY severe Tourette Syndrome.
I still ache, and yes, get angry in a way, when I remember not just the kids, but the ADULTS (including some teachers even!) who would make unkind and insensitive remarks about his tics, and he endured a lot of hurt and abuse and bullying because of it. It first broke his heart and his spirit (prior to his 10th birthday he was a pretty regular kid and almost overnight, as the TS gene switched on, his life changed in a dramatic swoop)
but he bounced back too......

and now Mark, just like you, and that lady behind you at the store, my son has let his experience make him better not bitter, and he now has learned to become an angel toward others too, because he learned true compassion from what he was suffering.

May your path be filled with angels, Mark, and your recovery from this stroke be remarkable

sincerely
Cheri

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote