View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 08:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This research is important to pay attention to. Tysabri may be worth the risk for rapidly deteriorating people with MS, I suppose. For others, however, it seems like a good plan to wait and see what research continues to show as the thousands of Tysabri patients continue to infuse over the coming year or two.

This rebound effect is not seen in the abcr drugs, as noted above. I'm a good example of getting off of Avonex-- there was no rebound getting off of it after 18 months. Nor have I read any research suggesting their is a rapid decline getting off of the abcr's that is more severe than in the same patient before using an abcr drug.

I'd like to restate what a doctor friend told me a couple of years ago. He said that monoclonal antibody treatments are powerful drugs of which we still do not know enough. He said he would never advise his own family member to get on a monoclonal antibody drug.

Last month or so I saw my own PCP. He reiterated that opiniion. He said, that the drugs, in his opinion were dangerous. He has also seen a patient in his practice (not an MS patient) develop rare and serious problems of the bone on a monoclonal antibody drug.
BBS1951 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote