Thread: Tongue Movement
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 09:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tongue Movement

Hi Everyone,

Have you ever noticed that if your kids/you stick their/your tongue out it tremors a little bit or moves to one side? I'd love to know if anyone sees this happening in their child or themselves. If you do see it happening has/have your child/you ever been on any tic related medication?

I'm interested because I've started speech therapy again. I had major articulation issues as a child, and I was in speech therapy from 3 years of age until my 6th grade year in school. At that time, it became uncool to be in speech therapy, and I choose to stop doing speech therapy. I still have some slight articulation issues that bother me, so I've decided to get back into speech therapy. My speech therapist has noticed that when I stick my tongue out it almost has a tremor(spasm) like movement. I've also noticed this in the past, but it's never been any concern to me. My thinking is that it possibly could be tardive dyskinesia type movements caused from tic medications used while I was a child. Any ideas?

Carolyn
carolyn_lsc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote