View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 10:43 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I know it's frustrating as hell. It will end. All legal processes do.

But in the midst of it, it doesn't feel like it.

I would ask my attorney what I need to do "for him", and how he wants me to do it (whether an exam or whatever.) I assume that if one side has obtained a voc rehab study or life plan, etc., that then it has to be served, and the other side then has an opportunity to get their "own" rebuttal report. And if your doc failed to address an important issue in a final report, it is best to go back and get that supplemental report, than to appear at court and have the other side use that hole to weasel something through or out of. Just thoughts, but even though I may be very sick of my attorney or his staff's ineffectiveness, I cannot show it, as they are my only recourse and no one else wants to come to my aid.

Do what you must to get to the end. There are days that I don't call my attorney's secretary because I am too angry...I must wait until I am cool and calm and polite...haha...otherwise, if I say what is on my mind, they will fire me!

It usually takes up to 4 months to get a report around here. Some docs are 6 months, due to their level of expertise and patient load. IF we want the good doc, we take it as they give it. I am hoping that as you said, your report was in your favor, and the doc is respected in your area. Worth the wait in the end.

Hang in there. OCgirl is good to give "hugs." I do too, but wanted to also explain that it seems like this is all of the normal baloney that goes on in my old world...the waiting game...and then, finally, it WILL be over. Try to get that attorney to push it to hearing, if poss.

Love to you - Tam
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote