Thread: just a rant
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 12:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Giving notice!

There's something very liberating about 'giving notice and walking out' of a job when is becoming too much.

I did that three years ago when I had some other health issues and severe plantar fasciitis. It came to a head one evening when I was on an afternoon shift and I had to do a compulsory personal annual work/goals appraisal. It was about 10.30pm and the person doing the appraisal with me started going though the questions.

All I could think of at that point was; my main goal is to come to work, do my job competently, get through the shift without killing anyone and get home. When she started on about stating the three goals that I wanted to achieve in the next year blah, blah and how I would achieve those goals....I simply said " there's no need for us to go through this, I'm resigning as from now" she looked shocked and said to me "oh I suppose we don't have to do this then" - duh!!!

I came home and told my DH who was a little shocked but not surprised, as each time I worked he would have to come out to the car when I got home and help me in, as I could barely walk. I didn't even have to work out my notice either, as by the next time I was next rostered on I had a splint on my leg and they wouldn't allow me back for safety reasons. A month or so later they gave me a farewell afternoon tea and gifts, which was very nice!!
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote