View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 01:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tam,

It's not my atty dragging things out, he and I have done every single thing they've requested, promptly, and sent it back ASAP. It's the attorneys from the Justice Department, which handle Vaccine Injury cases - these are always against the FDA, as the vaccine manufacturers are protected from liability.

What really gets me is the case was decided in MY favor over a year ago, we gave them our requested offer with supporting documents a year ago, yet we still haven't seen a counter-offer in all this time! And when we were led to expect that we would have one any day at last, now they are asking for yet another FCE - I've already had one, at a neutral site, by medical staff - and yet another MD report on my prognosis when we've already given them several that all say I'm unable to work!

All this will accomplish is to set things back at least another 6 months waiting for the Chicago Dr's report which agreed with my Drs' reports on just about everything, and did NOT support the opposing side's arguments at ALL - and I don't trust their voc. rehab "expert" to do a fair work capacity exam as he's being paid by the opposing side. I'm also honestly afraid of going through another one and possibly hurting myself more. My left arm is really bothering me, the head ache is constant and now the shoulder blade has kicked in. I've had 2 surgeries on the right, but there's permanent nerve damage and it's very weak, along with severe RSD, and there are all these tasks with weights involved - I just don't think it's even appropriate to put me through those tasks! Just gonna mess me up more!

Di, these atty's work for the US Justice Dept so they get paid just fine! That's what's so crazy - the $$ that's paid out in vaccine injury cases comes from a fund created by a 75 cent fee added to the cost of every covered vaccine you get. It's not government funds, doesn't come from taxes, it's a specific fee on vaccines to compensate those who suffer a serious injury or death as a result of a vaccine reaction. And you have to PROVE that the vaccine caused the injury or death, which isn't easy. And even THEN, when I have done all that, and WON, still they are stalling and dragging this out, over 14 months now, and I have yet to even see a counter-offer.

It's totally screwed up. My kids are growing up - I NEED this settled, so we can have some kind of life. I HATE this!!!
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote