View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 07:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

flavio,

Welcome to our group. Sorry we have to meet this way tho. We have a lot of people here with different things going on so far as rsd goes. I can tell you what I know. Please don't take it as gospel because it is different for a lot of people. I have had 8 surgeries on my left foot. that is how I got mine. My doctor said I had it over 2 years ago, but I had such bad infections going on in the foot, that it wasn't something that I could deal with then. 4 months ago I fell and broke the toes on my right foot. It has now spread to that one now. I'm going to get sympathic nerve blocks for the right foot, and am going to get the scs put in for the left. Pain meds can help, as can anti-depressants, and meds such as neurontin or lyrica. Just make sure you find a good Pain Management doctor who has experience in rsd. I know others will have links and all for you to go to. Some have had rsd in one area and it has never moved elsewhere. others have it spread quickly. It is so hard to find something specific about rsd as there are so many theries about it. Just keep being as supportive as you are now, and it will make it easier on her. stay with us and keep us posted as to what is happening.

Mary