View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 05:32 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Thanks

everyone, glad you could even read my terrible typing! yikes!

Aloneutthere - I have predominately sensory PN (absent sensory nerve conduction) w/ minor motor invovlement in arms and legs - almost complete losss of large mylinated fibers, less loss of small (know this from sural nerve biopsy) - both demylinating and degenerative..... my diagonsis have run at the beginning from "post viral PN" to HSANII (Heriditary Sensory Autonomic PN) to now CIDP.... we believe there may have been a toxic component after onset because a year into slight PN got infection where I had to take on and off Flagyl for six months (which is a neuro-toxin anti-biotic) - and the sensory nerve conduction compeletely dissapeared after that... also, my stomach (I had C-Difficile Toxin) hasnt worked since....

Dahlek - nerve map is interesting - I see paths definately that could be traced to the same pain...

Silverlady, Glenntaj - I will ask for MRI next week - I've been crawling around on the floor doing stuff - and its greatly increasing the pain - and I think anything giving this much pain is worth another look... (last time a spinal surgeon said he'd love to operate - but what surgeon doesnt? He also said recovery would be miniumum 6 weeks of severe pain - so will do anything to avoid - unless he'll let me move in with him during that time and he can take of me!)

and Mrs. D - there might be something in the mix there too... I've had endomitriosis my whole life, have had 3 abdominal surgeries for it (so there could be lots of scar tissue in there plus current growths of endo) plus I have fibroids - thats one of my upcoming appts - to see if the fibroids are letting up at all (at least those you can see on ultrasound where the endo you cant unless you operate - i do not want yet another abdominal surgery)

Thanks to all
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote