View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 05:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree with Cycleops that we should ponder about what medications we take, side affects can be completely differant from one person to another though, waying up the side affects against the benefits is the important thing to my way of thinking, seeing some can't even function properly without there choice of relief drugs.

I have used Endep since the begginning of my PN, in that 4 years i found Endep helped me tremendously with the burning with only very little side affects, of a dry mouth and a crave for sweet things but more so on higher doses, then again i have seen posts that some PN'ers get knocked rotten with extreemly small doses of amitriptline, like 25 mg.

Seeing the way i am going these days, in my case i personally can't see any correlation between Amitriptline and PN, i can only say that it was a wonder drug for me, that helped me through some really rough times and now fortunatly i am weening my way off them, as i think i do not have the need for them now, in the last couple of weeks i have already halfed the dose with no problems at all but if i had to go back on them, i wouldn't hesitate.
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote