View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Z View Post
Now if an MS patient is aware of these risks and wants to try the drug anyway, then that's his/her choice. If you want to take the chance then you have to be prepared for the consequences if they happen.

Harry
The problem is that people are not necessarily aware of all the risks, at least until later. It wasn't for some time that it became apparent there were people dying of PML, and now we are finding out about a potential rebound effect (even though it seems it was subjectively observed as far back as the trials).

Do you think they've incorporated this warning into the Touch program? If not, I'm guessing most people (just starting out and/or those already on it) will not be advised of a potential for this rebound effect.

Enough time has gone by that they should be able to get together a large sample and confirm this quickly, one way or another.

Cherie