View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 07:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't really have an anniversary for when things went wrong in my feet. See.....all this started with feelings of numbness & the sensation of walking on rocks, all this in the bottoms of BOTH feet, without any pain associated with it in the spring/summer of 2003. This must have gone on for over 6 months. Didnt matter if I wore shoes or went barefoot these sensations & numbness kept getting worse & worse. Then I woke up one week before Thanksgiving & when I went to take that first step when I was getting out of bed the pain was so bad I fell back on the bed. It felt like I was walking on top of HOT Coals. The pain just kept getting worse so went to a Podiatrist. He said I had Neuroma's so tried cortisone & then alcohol injections to shrink them. After the alcohol shots I could no longer walk the pain was so excruciating. He ordered me to use a scooter so my inurance rented me one for 60 days, during that time they ended up buying me one. I used one at work for 6 months. Then tried surgery to remove the neuroma in my left foot. After that they DX'ed me with RSD in both feet. I never went for neuroma removal surgically in the right foot. The surgery in my left foot made the pain so much worse. This was in 4/04, so the exact day RSD started was when? Was it when the strange sensations started, when the pain in 11/03 started or after the surgery in 4/04???? For me I think it was when the weird sensations started, but I don't have any exact dated that happened. I am not even sure what month the numbness started. I do know that during the previous 4 to 5 months that I had slammed both feet, toes first, one into a doorway & one into a box of books. I went in for xrays to make sure I didn't break a bone in my foot, which I didn't. It was after I did this the numbness & weird sensations started in the balls of my feet. Or did the Neuroma's in my feet do this to me to begin with??? The two that were removed were very tiny.

Sometimes I think not knowing is better than having an exact date to dread. I just figure sometime in the spring/summer of 03. Over 4 yrs now. And the first year I don't remember too much of *L* the pain was that bad.

I am glad that your anniversay date ended better for you than it started for you.

Wishing you less pain each day,
DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote