View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 09:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
The problem is that people are not necessarily aware of all the risks, at least until later. It wasn't for some time that it became apparent there were people dying of PML, and now we are finding out about a potential rebound effect (even though it seems it was subjectively observed as far back as the trials).

Do you think they've incorporated this warning into the Touch program? If not, I'm guessing most people (just starting out and/or those already on it) will not be advised of a potential for this rebound effect.

Enough time has gone by that they should be able to get together a large sample and confirm this quickly, one way or another.

Cherie
From what I've read on the net from patients who are starting Tysabri, I get the feeling that they are not being told "everything" about the drug before starting. I think a lot depends on the doc who is prescribing the Tysabri in the first palce and what he is telling the patient.

It would be nice if someone who is about to start the drug could tell us what exactly they are told about the drug before making the decision to try it.

I knowthat Biogen is very aware of all these potential problems and they aren't the kind of people that I would trust in spending much if any time in pointing out the negative aspects of this medication.

Harry
Harry Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote