View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 10:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Joan! Thank you very much for your reply! I went and picked up my new eye glasses today and the lady there said;"Oh my, what in the world happened to your hand"?? I said, it's probably something that you have never heard of. I then said I have RSD and she just nodded her head and said "Oh"! While she was trying to get a good fit with my glasses on me, she said, I'm sorry but what is RSD. Oh, I did not even want to "get" into a conversation with this beast again and again... there are lot's of people who also say, I've heard of it but don't know what it is. I too hope this is just a flare up like you said too Joan! The kind and compassionate doc. up in ER told me also to take Ibuprophen to get the swelling down. It helped some, but the swelling and awful aching, knife like pain is still there. I am also on 60 Mg. of the time released morphine. my knees feel like someone put a brick or something on them! OUCH!! Thanks again Joan, your a "sweetie"~Love, Desi

Hi ya Sue!! thank you for your reply sweetie! Yes, swelling is very painful, gosh I hate what is going on! I will do as you say and elevate. Duh! You would think I would have already been doing this!!Thanks for the reminder, Sue! Thanks for the well wishes hun! ~Love ya! Desi
Hey Carose! how ya been?? I need to go on one of those mind relaxing vacation's. try to think of a great spot, okay?? I was dx this past spring and no, I didn't have any swelling in any other limbs besides my right hand, wrist where the carpal tunnal surgery was done.(This past spring) I noticed it slowly started to spread to my arm and shoulder too. Not my knees, ankles, feet. Carose, you mentioned your hand was balled into a fist. That is what my fist was like lastnight. It's not as swelled like that today, but lots of swelling is still there. It may be because i'm taking 800mg three times a day of the neurontin?? hmmm... don't know?? encouragement to Mark??... LOL he is down right funny! I have to have a sense of humor and all you boardies out there or I would probably want to chew my RSD limbs off. LOL, like you mentioned! seriously though, I need to know why in the heck I am swelling up and hurting?? Thanks so much for your reply, ya fun loving friend!! ~Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote