Thread: Joan M.
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 09:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi sue,
i'm not sure i knew you had a scs? maybe i did and forgot. that happens! ha! buts seriously,the thought of the lead being loose and touching things and pressing on things sounds very painful. i'm glad your doctor that you trust is back. i know what it is like to find that doctor that you can place your life in his hands and relax about it.
i have a bunch of hardware in my hip, and i have gotten muscle stuck on the pins and it hurts like heck until the muscle rips and lets go, then it is sore from the rip but at least the pain is over. the first time it happened i booked it to the baptist ER to meet my ortho doctor who was in surgery. he did xrays and assured me the hip was fine and explained what it was, so now i know, and when it happens i just keep the inflammation down and apply heat until it lets go.
we do all have our crosses to bear, don't we?
the babysitting sounds too much. are you going to have to do that every week? i don't think you will be able to. you will wipe yourself out. i have already told my daughter i will not be able to do all that i did for her other boys. i was young and relatively healthy then. these babies, i will have to see how much i can manage. i have the back problem too, and i can't get that acting up again. i am starting my exercises this week to get the back stronger once again. i hate to exercise. i admit it. but i do want to be able to carry these babies around. i have already lost quite a bit of weight and that has helped a lot. i started to knock off the junk food as soon as i knew the babies were coming. also my therapy has helped me to stop the stress eating and that is the key.
how is jocelyn? better i hope.
well take care and get some rest. love, you hip sister, joan