Thread: Help with DX
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 10:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Help with DX

Hi everyone, I usually don't post here, I'm in the autoimmune form. I've been sick for 6 yrs., the doctor first thought I had MS, and so thats where most of my time was spent, waiting for MRIs. I was told that all I needed was 3 clear MRIs of my brain, and that would concluded that I didn't have MS. Well it took 6 yrs to get them, and I'm glad to report that I have no plagues on my brain. I still have the sx of MS, but told that I don't have it. OK I'm glad but get this. My cousin has the same sx of MS, except the first time she had a "episode" they do a spinal tap and there no sign of MS, they don't bother to do a MRI, but she gets the dx "parkinson" Fast forward till about two months ago and she gets another attack, and this time they give her a MRI of her spine. And now today she gets the dx MS. But this is what I don't get, all there doing for her is telling her to take Gabbapentin and call me in three months.
I don't know what the heck is true any more, these doctors lie to us, and it seems your always getting the short end of the stick.
What is the protical for a person that is suspect of MS? Is a MRI of the brain and spine crucial? Now I worry that maybe I have MS too, and its been left undx'ed cause some doctor was just trying to appease me.
And do you just wait and see whats going to happen next, like with my cousin Shouldn't she be on something to stop the obviouse exaberation that she having now?
Thanks for any advice, Patricia
turner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote