View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Oh goofy...all of that sounds wonderful...made me so hungry! Sorry about your tummy.

I've had quite a day....much to be thankful for.

A small dog ran into the yard this morning to a joyful Cooper and he/she raced each other around and around the barn until the small dog ran into the road and was hit by a car! the driver was horrified, pulled over and the car right behind him pulled over (two police jumped out) The woman cop ran over and scooped up the dog and they all came into the yard. I said it's not my dog...I don't know who's dog it is. She carried it into our garage while I went for a bowl of water and a leash. The other policeman called animal control while the driver just kept apoligizing. About that time here came an old woman (older then me) in her nightgown and robe, walking down the road, shuffling into the drive calling for her dog..."Rascal" Rascal. She said she lived on the corner of the next block and he got away from her...I offered to drive her home while she cradled the dog in her arms..tears streaming down both our cheeks...no, she said and shuffled off with her dog.
I looked at those policemen who had to look away before I saw their tears.

I think he had a broken front leg.

I came into the house and the phone rang. Friends of ours from church...her voice breaking when I said how are you? She said the house that exploded last night was right next to theirs and that they are now homeless..inspectors will not even let them go in for their medicines..said it isn't safe. They have the clothes on their backs, their lives and their little dog who lived thru it all.

She said, Lynn, we are so thankful to be alive.

I just have to shake my head sometimes, and sometimes my heart just hurts.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps...emplate=247art

hugs for the room.

Last edited by Alffe; 09-21-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote