View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Fanfaire and Sharky and all?

As Nide44..aka Bob B. keeps saying? Not all docs graduated at the top of the class! Sometimes you really don't want a doc who has gotten gold stars and awards all their lives. You just want one with a remnant of curiousity and a dollop of compassion!
For me that curiousity factor is key...that the mind is not like a clogged corroded pipe in a drain! Tweak that and you have an advocate. Of course, far easier said than done!
As for it beiing all in the head? Duh? The medical 'coctails' we find ourselves on to just get by, let alone function create as many problems and they help. Sad but true fact.
Depressed? My neuro always asks me that...Feel any 'changes'? is the other. Well, with what I've got, who wouldn't be depressed to degrees? If not THEN that would be the time for danger? Changes? Been so long that if the pain and numbness were to 'go away' tomorrow...I would probably have a panic attack or something...Wouldn't know what to do about it - been so long since I was 'normal' over 4+ years I just don't know what/how Id take it.
Hugs and good things in any way for you all and SOON! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote